||20 WAYS TO OFFEND YOUR COLLEAGUES
Reprinted from Elected Officials Little Handbook
If you dont really care about working cooperatively with your colleagues, here are some surefire ways to agitate them:
- Attempt to dominate meetings.
- Cut off statements of colleagues.
- Magnify errors of colleagues.
- Make fun of colleagues statements.
- Tell colleagues that they are wrong.
- Insist upon pontificating.
- Appeal directly to the audience.
- Amend a motion to soften it and then dont vote for it.
- Dont show up at scheduled meetings or events.
- Request a special meeting and fail to attend.
- Commit to a position before the meeting.
- Take individual credit for group accomplishments.
- Fail to really listen to colleagues.
- Pressure colleagues to take a position before the meeting.
- Pack the meeting for pressure purposes.
- Violate a colleagues confidence.
- Covertly use the media to achieve your agenda.
- Force a vote on a key issue before the group is ready.
- Criticize staff in public.
- Fail to prepare for meetings.